Sunday, August 06, 2006

SOW was unexpectedly, sort of an exhilarating experience. Yes. Usually, situations will turn out well whenever you have low or super low expectations of it and vice versa. I felt super hesitant to go for it especially after I found out that Este couldn't make it that morning which truly shows that I am incapable of exiting my comfort zone and am reliant and dependent. I tried to saunter my way there and was eventually 2 hours late and missed the first part of the ice-breakers session. Regardless of all of that which happened earlier, I enjoyed the whole camp and stayed throughout instead of only the first night that I had planned earlier with Este or after finding out that I had to go through Frightnight on the second day. Lucky the typical Singaporean personality surfaced when I was packing my bag.

Despite complexions being a shade darker, new friendships were forged and OGs in SOW were unified. Despite all the complains of walking in fields barefooted, playing games under the hot sun, having only 3 hours of sleep for that night and lastly, having to bathe in PAILS, we had fun! Girl Power was witnessed when the few frail-looking few of us actually won tug-of-war. Identical love-hates were spotted when both Amelia and I ran and screamed at the sight of cockroaches, Maybelle and I covered out faces when the Jap horror movie was shown and Jo and I have experiences of wearing the left contact lens on the right. Haha. I LOVE (the non-academic part of) SCI FAC! OLE! There are no signs, well, at least not yet of any signs, of elitism in science fac and levels of unity and enthusiasm seems higher than in AC. (Yes Cheryl, I still hate the idea of having to bid for modules and planning our own degree. LOL.) This is probably my first time being enthusiastic of OG activities lah. And, I actually survived Frightnight when the whole OG was made to go through it in pairs. I think in future, I can step into some haunted house alone (Aha, I'm sure la). Anyway, kudos to You Jin who taught me how to conquer Frightnight with psychology and Maybelle and Louiza who skipped the Jap horror movie to go to some boring SPS briefing with me. Many thanks to Carol who had lunch with me after the camp. Yay!!

Half the OG


Ee...Round 2A of bidding just spoils everything la. I hope I can get my modules man.

No comments: