Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Everyone requires their own personal space, one where they can do whatever they want- sing when in a bath, talk to yourself or even walk around naked-so as to keep in touch with their inner beings. Perhaps such seemingly outlandish behaviour would help in relieving oneself for it provides a different kind of therapy in this stressful and rather suppressed environment. And it seems that such acts are definitely not overtly and consciously expressed. For example, I accidentally found my 10 year-old brother lying at one corner in the living room playing with his cars in the midst of completing his schoolwork (I thought big boys no longer play with cars anymore). Strangely, he acted as though he was the producer of some movie where there were settings, props and stage-lines. So there he was muttering to himself, imitating the noise trains produce and make the cars "talk" to one another. Then, in the next 5 minutes or so, he got back on his feet, went up to the table, like nothing has happened, to quietly finish up his homework. Here's another, where my friend told me her sis has conversations with the computer when using it as though it is her friend or at least someone alive. Also, it is not hard to find my cousin, who lives 3 storeys above me sing weird songs whenever he bathes after returning home from school (Yar, I seriously think he composed them). I have mine too and I'm sure you have yours and everyone else have theirs, otherwise, take some time off and smell the roses along your path...Lalala

No comments: