Friday, July 21, 2006

Have u ever, without a choice, "given" your shoulder (not literally of course) to a stranger for a nap? What was your response then? Dodge immediately and give up your seat or otherwise? I viewed this situation while on my way home in a bus today and it turned out to be pretty amusing that I almost coughed out giggles.

Two men were sitting two rows in front of me and one of them probably felt too tired and dozed off. I started to look around me and realised that there are indeed quite a number of ways to doze off in a bus. Some nod, some rest on the bar behind them while some sleep as though they are about to fall to their left or right which almost could be compared to a pendulum that does only half oscillations, if there even is such a phenomenon. Some may even drool. For the lucky ones, they would have affiliated souls lending their shoulder. And, as for the guy who fell asleep before me, he had none of that. The man in front of me dozed off to his left and remained in that position after that. Upon realization, the man beside him quickly shifted his body towards the front, grimaced and constantly checked to see if the man has awoken. I could easily tell how uneasy and helpless he felt and it looked really funny from the 3rd person's point of view. I mean, no offence, but a scenario of two man with strong built in such a position just looked hilarious. Who says all Singaporeans are so open-minded about everything?

Yet, despite his consistent check on the man beside him, the man never woke up. Haha, I bet the man who dozed off probably enjoyed his sleep. Finally, after a few minutes of so, the other man nudged him and quickly gave up his seat, waking the man who dozed off, leaving him a little embarrassed. Well, what would you do if it were you?

Yes yes..some procrastinations...
My feet hurt so badly that I need to apply Counterpain (Eh, it works). You can never believe how much Carol can walk around the streets of Orchard if she really wants to shop. I bet it wouldn't be a problem if you want her to walk around Singapore to shop. LOL. Maybe Singapore can have an expanded and improved Marina Square which includes more shops that one can find in Orchard. So, rather than walking down streets in search of just that one boutique, I only require a few foot steps. Aha, oh wells, Sam's suggestion.

No comments: